The WordPress publishing system allows for multiple user accounts and administrative privileges. Your setup already includes a user account for the adviser.
Admin Account for SNO
We have an administrator-level user account on your new Web site.¬† Do NOT delete or alter this account as we need this account to support and maintain your site.
User Account Roles
- Administrator:¬† Somebody who has access to all the administration features, including comment moderation, theme options, widgets, galleries, and polls.
- Editor:¬† Somebody who can publish articles, manage articles as well as manage other people’s articles, etc.
- Author:¬† Somebody who can publish and manage their own articles.
- Contributor:¬† Somebody who can write and manage their articles but not publish articles.
- Subscriber:¬† Somebody who can read comments/comment/receive news letters, etc.
Add User Accounts
- Click Add New¬†in the Users¬†tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Complete the new user fields.¬† This user name will appear on the Web site beneath each article that user publishes.
- Select a role¬†for the user.
- Click the Add User¬†button.
- Repeat for each user account.
By default, Contributors can’t upload photos to your site.¬† If you want your students to be contributors but also want them to be able to upload photos, submit a support request and we’ll add a plugin to your site to enable this functionality.