Share Stories on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites
Your site has built-in coding that allows your readers to easily add your stories to their favorite social network site (facebook, twitter, technorati, xanga, newsvine, digg, stumbleupon, reddit, delicious, and many more).¬† Once you complete the following steps, you’ll see the ShareThis icon appear at the bottom of each story on its permalink page, and your readers will be able to use this powerful tool.
- Go to the following page at ShareThis:¬† http://sharethis.com/publishers/getbutton/.
- Select the options you want for your button on Step 1 on this page.
- Click the WordPress¬†icon in Step 2.
- Click the Get ShareThis Code¬†button.
- On the page that appears, create an account with ShareThis.
- Note:¬† The ShareThis plugin is already installed on your site.
- Highlight the code in the Your Code box.¬† Copy it.¬† You’ll need to paste it into your site.
- Go to the admin panel of your Web site.
- Click on ShareThis¬†under the Settings¬†tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Paste your code in the empty box at the top of the page.
- Click Update ShareThis Options.
- The ShareThis icon will now appear at the bottom of every permalink page.