Slideshow/Gallery Custom Fields
Your site is built with predefined custom fields to create a slideshow view or thumbnail gallery view of any gallery you’ve added to your site following these directions.¬† The slideshow or gallery will show up on the story page and the category view page in a predefined space for these features.¬† The sizes of the displays with this method are not variable.
- Click on Edit¬†under the Stories¬†tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Hover your mouse over the name of the story to which you’d like to add the slideshow.
- Click on Edit¬†underneath the story’s title.
- Scroll down to Custom Fields.
- In the slideshow or¬†gallery box,¬†type the ID number of the gallery you created.¬† (Note:¬† Only type the number itself)
- If you want the gallery/slideshow to be linked to a photographer’s profile, enter his/her name in the Slideshow Credit custom field.
- Click Publish/Update.
Slideshow/Gallery in the body of the story
If you want a larger display of a slideshow or gallery and you want control over the size of the slideshow, you can insert the slideshow/gallery directly into the body of the story.
- While you’re adding or editing a story,¬† click the icon to the furthest right on the formatting bar, labeled Add NextGEN Gallery.
- Select the gallery you want from the drop-down list.
- Click Slideshow.
- Click¬†Insert.¬† Note:¬† You will notice that [slideshow id = #] is inserted into your post.
- You can add height and width parameters to this code: [slideshow id = # w=600 h=400]
- Click Update/Publish.