About Gallery/Slideshow Tools
Your site is loaded with a Photo Slideshow plugin that allows you to feature images in several different ways.¬† Follow the directions below to add images to the¬† Photo Slideshow/Gallery widget and to add a photo Slideshow to an article.
Do not add too many photos into a slideshow.¬† When a slideshow is displayed on your site, it needs to load all the photos in the slideshow.¬† If you have as many as 25 photos, and if those photos are not sized appropriately, your Website’s loading time may be drastically affected.
The gallery view will display photos in an overlay box at the size they are uploaded.¬† To ensure a consistent look, you should size your photos to 750px wide by 500px tall at 72 dpi.
Always use PhotoShop’s Save for Web option and save photos as jpg files.¬† This will greatly reduce the size of the photos, and they will still look great on your site.
¬†Create a Photo Gallery/Slideshow and add Photos
- Click on Add Gallery/Images¬†under the Gallery¬†tab on the left navigation bar near the bottom in the WordPress dashboard.
- Enter the name for your new gallery.¬† Then click Add Gallery.¬† Make note of the ID number of the new gallery.
- Click Upload Images.
- Click the Browse button and navigate to the photo you want to add to the photo gallery.¬† Select Open.
- Select the appropriate gallery from the dropdown list.
- Click Upload images.
Add Titles/Captions to your photos
- Click on Manage Gallery under the Gallery tab.
- Click on the gallery of photos you want to add captions to.
- Add titles and descriptions in the Title/Description boxes for each photo.¬† These are displayed differently with different gallery/slideshow views, so test which view you prefer before adding all your captions.
- Click Save Changes
Edit a Gallery/Slideshow
- Click on Manage Gallery¬†under the Gallery¬†tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Click on the title of the gallery you would like to edit.
- You can delete photos by pressing the delete link on the right side of the page or by checking the box in front of the photo and choosing “delete images” at the top of the gallery and pressing “OK”