Add a Photo to a Story
There are two ways to add a photo to a story in WordPress.Ā One is to set the photo as a Featured Image for the story, and the other is to Insert the photo into the body of the story’s text.Ā Your SNO site is designed to make use of the Featured Image method.Ā Photos inserted directly into the body of the story will not show up on the homepage, the category view page, or the search page.
Make sure your photo is properly sized before uploading it to your site.
- Add a story or edit an existing story.
- Locate and click the first icon (Upload/Insert) to the right of the words Add mediaĀ just above the field where you enter the body text.
- Click Choose files to Upload.
- A navigation window will open.Ā Find the photo you want to upload.Ā Highlight it.Ā Press Select.
- Click āUse As Featured Imageā button.
- Click the small XĀ in the top right corner of the overlay box. You do not need to click Save Changes in the overlay window.
- Click Publish/Update.