The scrolling feature at the top of the homepage is called the Top Stories Carousel. Â This box is set to display any story/photo added to the Top Stories category. Â For instructions on adding a story/photo, click here.
Change the appearance of the Top Stories Carousel
There is a section on the Theme Options Page that allows you to control the settings for the Top Stories Scrollbox. Â Your have the following options for the scrollbox:
- Click on Theme Options under the Appearance tab on the left side of your WordPress dashboard.
- Open up the Top Stories Box section.
- Configure the options to your preference.
- Click Save All Settings.
The following are your configurable options:
- Hide/Show the scrollbox.
- Category to display in the scrollbox.
- Choose one of the three display styles.
- Colors of background and outline of the Top Stories box.
- Number of stories to display in the scrollbox.
- Hide/Show teaser text overlay in the scrollbox.
- Hide/Show navigation buttons.
- Position of the navigation buttons.
- Amount of time each slide is displayed in the scrollbox.
- The speed of the transition and transition style between each slide.
- Hide/Show a drop shadow for the box. (not in IE)
- Whether or not the scrollbox should autoscroll when someone visits your site.