Ad Rotation Add-On
The Ad Rotation add-on allows you to serve multiple ad banners in a single ad location. ¬†The feature provides basic tracking information so that you know which of your ads are being clicked on.
- Advertiser: The person or company whose advertisements you will be displaying on your website.
- Group: The specific area of the website where an ad will be displayed.
- Ads: Any creative content displayed on your website as an ad. Ads are assigned to Groups.
Your site is designed to display the following standard ad sizes:
Create an Ad Banner
In this step, you will upload the image(s) for your ad(s) and schedule it to run in a specific ad spot on your site.
- Click on Media tab on your WordPress dashboard and select Add New.
- Click Select Files button and locate the image(s) for the ad(s) you want to schedule on your site. ¬†IMPORTANT: ¬†Your images should be the right size for the Ad Spot they are to be placed in to work properly. ¬†There are three standard sizes: ¬†300×250, 728×90, and 160×600.
- Go to the Ad Rotate¬†tab on your dashboard and click on Manage Ads. Next, click Add New.
- Enter a descriptive name in the Title field for your ad.
- In the AdCode box, paste in the following line of code exactly as it is displayed here: ¬†<a href=”%link%”><img src=”%image%” /></a>
- Set a date range¬†for this ad to run in the Display From¬†field.
- In the Activate pull down, select “Yes, this ad will be used.”
- If you would like¬†clicking the ad to lead to another website, enable clicktracking and paste in the full URL — with http:// — of the advertiser Web site.
- In the Banner image¬†field, use the Select Image¬†button to upload your ad. ¬†Once the ad has been uploaded, be sure that Full Size¬†is selected and click the Insert into Post¬†button.
- Optional: ¬†Set a maximum number of times that this ad can be clicked before it no longer displays.
- Optional: ¬†Set a maximum number of times that this ad will be displayed on your site.
- Select the Group(s)¬†where you would like the ad to run.
- Click Save Ad.