STEP 1: Upload your video.
You need to use a third-party video hosting service to store and serve video. ¬†These services are built specifically for serving high quality video, and their accounts are free. ¬†Start be creating an account and uploading video to a video-hosting site. ¬†The following are possible options, though there are others.
STEP 2: Copy the embed code of your video.
After you have uploaded your video clip to one of these services, locate and¬†copy¬†the¬†embed code¬†for the service’s video player.¬† Each provider will have code that looks slightly different.¬† Here’s an example of Vimeo’s embed code:
¬†<iframe src=”http://player.vimeo.com/video/26802944?portrait=0&color=990000″ width=”400″ height=”300″ frameborder=”0″ webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
STEP 3: Add your video to a story.
- Click on Add New¬†under the Stories¬†tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Enter the Title for the article.
- If you have a story or short explanation of your video, paste that in the main text-editing window.¬† Do NOT add your video in this window.
- Paste your video embed code in the custom field labeled Video Embed Code below the main text-editing window.
- If you want to give credit for the video, add a name in the Videographer Custom Field box.¬† If there is a staff profile for this name, this video will automatically be linked to that staff profile.
- Assign this story to your Video category.¬† NOTE: You can add a video to a story in any category, but to get a video to display on the homepage, that category must be selected in a SNO Video Category widget.
- Click Publish.
STEP 4: Add a Video Category Widget to your site.
- Click on Widgets¬†under the Appearance¬†tab¬†on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Drag a SNO Video Category¬†widget into one of your Widget Areas.
- Set the widget to display your Video category or any other category from which you want videos to display.
- Click Save¬†on the widget.
NOTE: You can also paste your video embed code in a SNO Embed Widget in any of your Widget Areas.¬† Videos added this way will not be archived by your site.