Your site includes a built-in page for you to showcase your staff.¬† A staff profile will automatically be linked to any stories written by this staff member or photos taken by this staff member.¬† This page is set to only showcase staff members for the current school year, and it is designed to reset on July 1 to the new school year.¬† You can assign a staff member to multiple school years.
STEP 1: Create the Profile
- Click on Add New¬†under the Staff Profiles¬†tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Enter name and position of the staff member in the Title box.
- Enter the description of the staff member in the Post field.
STEP 2: Complete the Custom Fields
- Scroll down to the Profile Information¬†box and fill out all¬†fields in this box.
- Add the writer’s name.¬†¬† When the staff page is displayed, it will link automatically to all content assigned to this writer.¬† If you spell the writer’s name wrong on any story, it won’t be linked here.)
- Add the writer’s job title.
- Mark a check next to any school year when this staff member is on your staff.¬† Only staff members assigned to the current school year will be displayed.
STEP 3: Add a Photo
NOTES: This page is designed for horizontal images at least 300px wide.
- Click on the Add an Image¬†button just to the left of the words Upload/Insert¬†at the top of the Post field.
- In the box that appears, click Choose Files to Upload.
- Navigate to the photo on your computer, and click Select.
- Click Use as Featured Image.
- Close the Upload window by clicking the x¬†in the top right corner.¬† You do not need to Save.
STEP 4: Click on Publish
STEP 5: Rearrange the Order of Profiles
The newest entries will always appear at the top.¬† To rearrange the order of staff members, you can edit the time stamp on the post.
- Click on Edit¬†under the Staff Proflies¬†tab on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Hover the mouse over the title of the entry you want to move.
- Click on the Quick¬†Edit¬†link that appears underneath the name of the post.
- Change the date/time.¬† Entries will always be sorted chronologically by this time stamp.
- Click Save.