Your site includes a scrolling news ticker that can be set to display in three different locations at the top of your site.Â This news ticker is designed for short, one-sentence updates, and these can be linked to full stories on your site.
STEP 1: Add a Breaking News Headline
- Click on Add NewÂ under Breaking News on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Enter your headline in two places: the WordPress title box and the box labeled Headline.
- If you want your headline to link to a story, add that link in the Link URL box.Â Make sure your link starts with “http://”.
- Click Publish.
STEP 2: Activate the Breaking News Feature
- Click on the Theme Options link under Appearance on the left navigation bar in the WordPress dashboard.
- Scroll down to the SNO Breaking News Scrollbox options.
- Configure the options as needed.
- Click Save All Settings.