Leaderboard ad position above header.
Your site is built with a space just above your header area for a leaderboard ad to be displayed.¬† A leaderboard ad in an industry standard ad size (728px wide by 90px tall).¬† There is a section on your Theme Options page for adding and displaying your leaderboard ad.¬† The leaderboard ad area can display three different types of ad (static, ad-serving, and ad-tag)
- A Static¬†ad image will simply display the same ad every time the page loads.¬† It will link to your advertiser’s site (if you enter a URL).
- Ad Serving¬†is the setting you should used if you’ve signed up for SNO’s Ad-Serving add-on.¬† If you are using Ad-Serving, click here¬†for directions on how to add ads.
To display a Static¬†leaderboard ad, follow these steps.
- Create the new ad in PhotoShop. ¬†The size of your ad should be set to 728 pixels wide by 90 pixels tall.
- Go to your Theme Options¬†page.
- Click on the “Click to Upload Leaderboard Ad Image” button in the Leaderboard section on the Theme Options page.
- After the image has uploaded, make sure the “Full Size” button is highlighted and then click the “Insert into Post” button.
- Type the URL that you want the ad to link to in the “Leaderboard Advertisement Link” box.¬† Make sure this URL starts with “http://”.
- Click Save Settings at the bottom of the Theme Options page.
Widget Ads on homepage and non-home sidebar.
Be sure to upload an image in the proper size for the ad spot.
- Home Sidebar and Non-Home Sidebar: 300px wide
- Home Bottom Narrow: 160px wide
- Home Bottom Wide: 400px wide
- Home Main Column: 590px wide
- Home Bottom Left and Home Bottom Right: 280px
Your site comes with a widget called the SNO Advertisement Widget.¬†¬† The following directions describe how to add an advertisement to this widget.
- Click on Widgets under the Appearance tab on the left side of your WordPress dashboard.
- Open up the Widget Area in which you want to place the advertisement.
- Drag a SNO Advertisement Widget from the center of the page into the widget area.
- Click Save in the new widget. (The Image Uploader won’t work if you skip this step.)
- Click the Upload Image icon.
- Navigate to the ad image you want placed on your site and select it.
- After the image uploads, make sure the Full Size button is checked.
- Click Insert into Post.
- Add a Title for the Widget.
- Add a Link for the advertisement.¬† Make sure your link starts with “http://”.
- Click Save.
- Upload the image for the ad, just as you would any other site image.¬† Be sure to upload an image in the proper size for the ad spot.
- Check your site to make sure the new ad shows up and that the new link works.